Now that the political scenery of the presidential election is becoming sorted out, a few observations might be in order.
- It doesn’t matter which party wins the White House, both the Republicans and Democrats are in the hip pocket of the people who pull the strings.
- Nothing substantial in politics will change if Romney/Ryan actually beat Obama/Biden. American society will continue down the path of profligate spending, outrageous deficits, expanding government, and continual war.
- The political, social, and economic climate in this country and around the world is going to get drastically worse. Neither Romney nor Obama will make things better. They are part of the problem and have no solutions except for the same old, same old.
- The general health, wealth, and safety of the average American citizen will continue to worsen despite promises by all candidates to make things better.
- Faith in government and the American dollar is rapidly diminishing. Whoever wins the election is powerless to change that.
- No matter which candidate wins, four years from now we will look back at 2012 and view these as the Good Old Days.
- Anyone who expects and believes that changing the man at the top will benefit the man at the bottom is in for a rude awakening. If the shoe fits, wear it.